[Dovecot] Recommended FS for Dovecot Maildir

Daniel Watts d at nielwatts.com
Wed May 10 02:24:23 EEST 2006

> Long ago I used a benchmark program called 'postmark' to
> test the speed of file creation/deletion operations that
> are typical in maildir environments.

Can you remember any general findings?

Thanks to all for responding in this thread - I am reading them all and
making notes. All very useful information.

Can I phrase the question in a different way? Of those of you who are
running 10,000+ user system - what FS do you use?
Or do you all use special file servers (netapps, emc etc?) with
proprietary filesystems?

Daniel