[Dovecot] Debugging with strace

Fran Fabrizio fran at cis.uab.edu
Wed May 10 18:48:13 EEST 2006

> Are you using mboxes? Has his Trash mbox grown huge? Is this Dovecot
> 0.99.x or 1.0beta?

No we use Maildirs.  They are over NFS, so normally I'd blame NFS, but
it's only affecting one user.  My folders are -much- bigger than his,
and I delete very quickly (a second or so).  So I don't think it's the
filesystem.

We are using 1.0beta

> You want to give -f option also for strace.

Ah ok, thanks for the tip!

> Change base_dir in dovecot.conf to something else.

Will do!

Thanks for the help, we'll see if I can get any farther.

--
Fran Fabrizio
Senior Systems Analyst