[Dovecot] IMAP threading - the THREAD command

Jan Kundrát jkt at gentoo.org
Thu May 11 14:53:03 EEST 2006

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> While at it I think another thing that needs fixing is that threads
> should be sorted by their latest mail's received-date, not the first
> mail's date-header.
>
> If others agree with this, the REFERENCES2 algorithm could do both of
> these.

Okay, so the differences/improvements are those:

- Ignore Subjects completely
- Use the max(INTERNALDATE) from all messages in the thread as the
"thread date"
- Maybe add some mechanism to split/join threads by hand (tricky one)

It's exam time for me right now, but I might be able to try to make a
draft or something in a few weeks.

Comments, opinions or monetary support would be appreciated :).

Cheers,
-jkt

--
cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth