[Dovecot] "QUOTA" CAPABILITY keyword advertised incorrectly?

Mike Brudenell pmb1 at york.ac.uk
Thu May 11 16:40:19 EEST 2006

Greetings -

--On 11 May 2006 14:30:11 +0300 Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> This is actually already fixed, but it's not yet in 1.0beta7. I should
> make a new release soon..
>
> For now you can manually modify the capability line in config.h and
> recompile.

Brilliant!  That worked fine!

In passing... I say it worked fine: it did, but with Thunderbird, not
Apple's "Mail" program.  There seems to be a bug in the latter which
doesn't recognise/use values returned for a quotaroot with an empty ("")
name.  (I confirmed it by hard-coding the normally empty quotaroot name in
Dovecot to be "ZZZ" and Apple's Mail was then happy.)

I understand from the RFC that empty quotaroot names are allowed, so have
sent in a bug report to Apple.

Cheers,
Mike B-)

--
The Computing Service, University of York, Heslington, York Yo10 5DD, UK
Tel:+44-1904-433811  FAX:+44-1904-433740

* Unsolicited commercial e-mail is NOT welcome at this e-mail address. *