[Dovecot] LDA Sieve feature request

Luca Corti cortez at tiscali.it
Fri May 12 13:31:48 EEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 18:02 +1000, Peter Fern wrote:
> And while we're at feature-requests for -lda, I'd just like to reiterate
> a previous request for have a globally enforceable script that runs
> regardless of an existing user script, something like:
>
> # Always run the global sieve script before user scripts
> global_script_enforce = 1
>
> Then I guess we do two sieve runs if the user sieve script exists.  I'm
> no C coder, but I might see if I can get a patch together for this...

I think you do not need any new config parameters here. I would just do
a sequence run of scripts from specific to generic.

First execute per-user script, then per-domain script, then system-wide
script. This way you can override more generic filters. Maybe some runs
could be avoided if a previous run matches and acts.

thanks

--
Luca Corti
PGP Key ID 1F38C091