[Dovecot] LDA Sieve feature request

Steffen Kaiser skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Fri May 12 16:23:22 EEST 2006

On Fri, 12 May 2006, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> The problem with this is that I'm not sure how exactly it should work.
> For example if the Sieve script has "keep" command, should it really
> save it to INBOX, or should it just ignore and let the next script
> handle it (and only use the final script's "keep")?
>
> What if the first script eg. forwards the message somewhere, should the
> second script still be run?
>
> I think there should be some "exit" command in Sieve so you could
> specify which behavior you want, but there isn't..

Hmm, Sieve is sort of extensible, I'd suggest to look at the
multiple-Sieve-script problematic like

as if all Sieve scripts had be written into one file, e.g. like C's
#include preprocessor directive.

This is simple to understand follow after.

Then one extends the language by some nifty command, say "skip to next
file", used instead of "keep" (or have a command like, "set keep skips to
next file" to modify keep's normal behaviour).

Bye,

--
Steffen Kaiser