[Dovecot] problems with 1.0beta[78] on RHEL3

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri May 12 21:13:09 EEST 2006

On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 02:06 +0900, alan premselaar wrote:
> if I download the tarball, it compiles without problem.  If I download
> the cvs or the src.rpm then I get autoconf errors complaining about not
> supporting AC_CONFIG_HEADER but requiring AM_CONFIG_HEADER.

Probably because you're trying to use automake 1.4, which is too old.

> it also complains that the installed version of autoconf is too old,
> although it's the latest package for RHEL 3 (which means it has the same
> version number as the original installed package but all the updates are
> back-ported to it, right?)

2.57 is probably new enough for Dovecot, if you have that.

> May 13 02:02:13 mail dovecot: POP3(real_user):
> dlopen(/usr/lib/dovecot/pop3/lib01_quota_plugin.so) failed:
> /usr/lib/dovecot/pop3/lib01_quota_plugin.so: undefined symbol: mount
> point_get

I forgot to add this workaround for POP3, since I originally forgot that
quota plugin is actually useful with POP3 too. Fixed in:
http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2006-May/005569.html

But that requires you to run automake again..

> May 13 02:03:03 mail dovecot: IMAP(real_user): quotactl(Q_GETQUOTA,
> /dev/sdb1) failed: Invalid argument

And you really have quota enabled in that filesystem? I don't have quota
enabled anywhere, so I haven't been able to test that it's really
working, but the code looks that it matches the quotactl()'s man page..

> oh yeah, one last thing.  following the wiki, during the upgrade i
> renamed the .subscription files to subscription in each user's Maildir
> directory (oh yeah, i'm using maildir format) but, the subscription
> information wasn't persistant.  anything else i need to be aware of
> related to that?

What do you mean wasn't persistant? That users had to subscribe again?
That renaming should have worked..