[Dovecot] problems with 1.0beta[78] on RHEL3

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Sun May 14 05:02:29 EEST 2006

Just to follow up on my own post...

alan premselaar wrote:

> Timo Sirainen wrote:
>>> Probably because you're trying to use automake 1.4, which is too old.
>
> RHEL 3 apparently has 3 versions of automake RPMS installed:
>
> automake14-1.4p6-6
> automake15-1.5-7
> automake-1.6.3-5

I did a 'find / -name "automake*"' and it appears that the system is
using automake 1.6.3.

> (which one should I keep?)

>>> 2.57 is probably new enough for Dovecot, if you have that.
>
> autoconfig213-2.13-6
> autoconf-2.57.3

same with autoconf ... 2.57

> (it's apparently finding 2.57 because it reported something about
> needing 2.59 and only having 2.57)
>>> I forgot to add this workaround for POP3, since I originally forgot that
>>> quota plugin is actually useful with POP3 too. Fixed in:
>>> http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2006-May/005569.html
>>>
>>> But that requires you to run automake again..

>>> And you really have quota enabled in that filesystem? I don't have quota
>>> enabled anywhere, so I haven't been able to test that it's really
>>> working, but the code looks that it matches the quotactl()'s man page..
>
> yes, i really have quota enabled on that filesystem
> could it be that the raw device name (/dev/sdb1) doesn't show up in
> /etc/fstab?  I have an entry like this:
>
> LABEL=/home   /home   ext3  defaults,usrquota,grpquota 1 2

I tried changing the fstab entry to be /dev/sdb1 and rebooting to see if
this had any impact, and it didn't.

>>> What do you mean wasn't persistant? That users had to subscribe again?
>>> That renaming should have worked..
>
> yes, exactly, had to subscribe again.

i double checked file permissions on this, and everything looks ok.

/home/<user>/Maildir/subscriptions and
/home/<user>/Maildir/dovecot-keywords both have the following permissions:

- -rw------- <user> <group>

which coincides with the permissions on the .subscriptions and
.customflags files