[Dovecot] Re: sieve runtime error: Fileinto: Generic Error

Alex Pimperton alex at erus.co.uk
Mon May 15 11:11:00 EEST 2006

Hi All,

I'm running Dovecot 1.0beta7 on Debian testing/unstable and I get the
following error when using Dovecot LDA:

May 15 07:33:58 server01 deliver: sieve runtime error for alex:
Fileinto: Generic Error

I've narrowed it down to the following sieve rule:

if header :contains ["Subject"] "{Spam?}" {
  fileinto ".Junk Email";
  stop;
}

I have Junk Email as a folder on the same level as my Inbox and it looks
like sieve struggles to file into anything other than .Inbox.blah

Does anybody know if it should be possible to use this rule or is it a
limitation in Sieve that it cannot fileinto anything other than a folder
under the .Inbox hierarchy?

Alex

believed to be clean.