[Dovecot] Authentication Daemons

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Tue May 16 04:00:18 EEST 2006

Hi ho.

My name is Scott Penrose - and I am experimenting with Dovecot as an
IMAP replacement in our company.

I have spent some time trying to write a plugin (sort of) for
authentication and come to the conclusion that our instance is a
little strange. So I though I would try plan B which is to write my
own authentication module.

This seems to have worked fairly well to start with but I have had
some problems. For example, when connecting with a simple socket
client (I have a socket client equiv of telnet) I see the VERSION,
MECH ... DONE from the login/default socket, but nothing from the
master socket. Both should be returning VERSION.

Any ideas on that one?

Thanks

Scott