Fwd: [Dovecot] IMAP server <defunct> (beta 7)

Graham Briggs graham at historicalengineering.com
Mon May 22 15:06:12 EEST 2006

Hi,

It happens in beta 8 as well, but I've narrowed it down to failing
when the system clock is changed back.

The server we're having problems on has a wayward clock that gains 30
minutes a week, and I've just realised that Dovecot zombifies itself
whenever I've corrected the time. I've now just installed openntpd to
keep it more in sync (and dovecot died upon the initial time
synchronisation), and I'm hoping that dovecot doesn't die on me every
time the time is corrected by the ntp client.

Graham

Begin forwarded message: