[Dovecot] Fatal: sigaction(SIGRTMIN) failed: Invalid argument

Breno Jacinto Duarte da Costa brenojac at gmail.com
Tue May 23 02:10:48 EEST 2006

Hello,

   I just download dovecot 1.0b8 and compiled and installed from
sources. After setting some default configurations, here's what I get:

[root at ba root]# dovecot
[root at ba root]# Fatal: sigaction(SIGRTMIN) failed: Invalid argument

Here`s my configuration:

# Base directory where to store runtime data.
base_dir = /var/run/dovecot/

# Protocols we want to be serving:
#  imap imaps pop3 pop3s
protocols = imap

protocol imap {
    listen = *:10143
#     ssl_listen = *:10943
#     ..
  }
# Disable SSL/TLS support.
ssl_disable = yes

# Use this logfile instead of syslog(). /dev/stderr can be used if you want
# use stderr for logging (ONLY /dev/stderr - otherwise it is closed).
log_path = /dev/stderr

# For informational messages, use this logfile instead of the default
info_log_path = /var/log/dovecot-info.log

# everything in this directory is deleted when Dovecot is started.
login_dir = /var/run/dovecot/login

#   default_mail_env = maildir:/var/mail/%1u/%u/Maildir
  default_mail_env = mbox:/home/webmail/:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u

auth default {
# Space separated list of wanted authentication mechanisms:
#   plain login digest-md5 cram-md5 ntlm rpa apop anonymous gssapi
mechanisms = plain
# /etc/passwd or similar, using getpwnam()
# In many systems nowadays this uses Name Service Switch, which is
# configured in /etc/nsswitch.conf.
userdb passwd {
}
user = root
}

   This is really weird. I`ve installed it on another server, which
has the same configuration and it shows the same error messsage.

    BTW, both servers are DELL PowerEdge 2600, running Conectiva 9
(outdated... but I`m in a production environment and changing is not
trivial).

   thanks in advance for any help.

--
.''`.  -- Breno Jacinto
: :´` : -- breno /at/ freeunix dot com dot br