[Dovecot] [RFC] create_dovecot_shares

Gavin Henry ghenry at suretecsystems.com
Fri May 26 16:39:25 EEST 2006

Dear All,

As mentioned previously at:

http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2006-May/013003.html

create_dovecot_shares is now finished. Apologies to all for the time it
has taken.

"Creating lots of dovecot-shared files, changing permissions and creating
symlinks is a pain, especially when dealing with more than a handle of
users.

create_dovecot_shares helps.

It modifies users home directories and Maildirs (permissions) for sharing
via Dovecot, and creates symlinks into the Maildir you want the shares
accessed from.

There's even a restore option, to roll back any changes you made with a
history of 10 runs."

Uploaded to my CPAN directory (not indexed yet):
http://search.cpan.org/~ghenry/

HTML Docs (embedded in program):
http://www.suretecsystems.com/our_docs/create_dovecot_shares.html

Syntax highlighted Code:
http://www.suretecsystems.com/our_docs/create_dovecot_shares-code.html

Actual Program (Please go to CPAN for latest version from now on):
http://www.perl.me.uk/create_dovecot_shares

Hope this helps someone out. If it does, maybe we should start a "contrib"
section in the source?

Many thanks,

Gavin.

--