[Dovecot] pop3-login: Internal login failure

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue May 30 15:37:46 EEST 2006

On Sat, 2006-05-27 at 15:54 +0100, Pedro Vieira wrote:
> Hi all...
>
> I'm running Dovecot 0.99.14 on Debian Sarge and  I'm now trying to
> configure a mysql-based authentication.

I'd suggest using 1.0betas instead, as 0.99.x isn't really supported
anymore.

> I made all the nessary setup accordinf to dovecot.conf and
> dovecot-mysql-conf but when i try to login I get the follwing error:
>
> pop3-login: Internal login failure: username at mydomain.tld
> [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]

This error looks like it's from the "info" log file. The actual error
message should still be in the logs, although logged with "error" level
so it could be in different log file.

Most likely this means your SQL query doesn't return UID and GID fields
correctly.