[Dovecot] IMAP server <defunct> (beta 7)

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Tue May 30 17:36:54 EEST 2006

Eric Rostetter wrote:
> My clocks go backwards from time to time.  Most people at least go
> backwards
> once a year for daylight savings time (though there are a few lucky ones
> who don't observe DST changes).

Umm, no, this has nothing to do with DST.  Your *timezone* changes
during DST (if you are in a location that observes DST), but your
*clock* should always proceed monotonically forward.  A well regulated
server will never _step_ time backwards, but through the use of software
like ntpd or clockspeed, a clock can be regulated via slowing or
speeding it up to sync with an external source.

John

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group