[Dovecot] Deliver: command time exceed limit

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Nov 2 18:04:41 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 14:43 +0100, Dominique Feyer wrote:
> After a lots of test, I found that deliver (LDA Dovecot) put the
> message in the mailbox of the user, but the process dont quit. After
> the max command time (from postfix), postfix kill the process, return
> an error in the log and bounce the message.

This conflicts with the only reason that I can see for this:

> > Process 349 attached - interrupt to quit
> > gettimeofday({1161965973, 768478}, {0, 0}) = 0
> > poll(

This should only happen at startup when it's connecting to dovecot-auth.
So my guess would have been that dovecot-auth is busy and not answering
to our requests.

I guess I should put some kind of a timeout to this myself also..

> > deliver(info at labomex.com): 2006.10.27 18:29:28  Error:
> > file_dotlock_replace(/var/mail/labomex.com/mails/info/.dovecot.lda-dupes)
> > failed: No such file or directory deliver(info at labomex.com):
> > 2006.10.27 18:29:28  Error:
> > rename(/var/mail/labomex.com/mails/info/.dovecot.lda-dupes.lock, /var/mail/labomex.com/mails/info/.dovecot.lda-dupes)
> > failed: No such file or directory

Hmm.. Something seems to be overriding or deleting the dotlocks..
Probably because the deliver hangs for a long time somewhere. Possibly
when trying to send mails?