[Dovecot] changing the separator

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Nov 2 20:59:36 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 20:45 +0000, Alan Mosca wrote:
> Sorry for the intrusion, but I might be interested in this. I don't quite
> understand how it can be hard to set it to be a config option while it's
> fairly simple to change the sources. With the appropriate info, I would be
> happy to write a patch so you don't have to worry about doing it yourself
> and you can include in 1.0. If you agree, obviously.

Yes, it shouldn't be that difficult. I just started the change and ran
into a bit of trouble and then got annoyed and stopped it.

Anyway, lib-storage/index/maildir/maildir-storage.h has MAILDIR_FS_SEP
and _SEP_S. Remove those and add MAILDIR_DEFAULT_FS_SEP '.' which is
used. If getenv("MAILDIR_FS_SEP") returns non-NULL it's used as the
separator. Add char fs_sep to struct maildir_storage, and fix everything
to use it. There are several t_strconcat() calls which use _FS_SEP_S, so
it's easiest to just change them to t_strdup_printf("%s%c%s", ..,
storage->fs_sep) instead. Add the setting to master/master-settings.[ch]
and pass it to imap in mail-process.c. I think that's it.