[Dovecot] v1.0 plans, rc11 tomorrow

T. Horsnell tsh at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Fri Nov 3 10:11:41 UTC 2006

-- Start of PGP signed section.
>As you can probably guess from my today's burst of activity, I'm no
>longer extremely busy. Actually it looks like for the next 3-4 weeks I
>don't have anything especially time consuming to do. So it's time to get
>Dovecot v1.0 released :)

I wonder if I might add a request please. Would it be possible to
offer an option which limits the per-user number of imap processes?
We have users who gaily open 30 mail folders simultaneously. OK, 1
or 2 such users dont matter, but the number creeps up.

Also, would a PDF version of the wiki docs be possible? It is very
handy to take something to read in bed...

And a big thank you for dovecot. We are migrating right now.

Cheers,
Terry.

>I've now read all the mails from this list again, and it looks like
>pretty much the only problems with rc10 was the mbox assert crash, which
>is now fixed.
>
>My TODO contains:
>
>v1.0 blocker:
>
> - inetd logins are broken? I should look more into this.. I only
>remembered this just now while writing this mail.
>
>New non-v1.0 blockers:
>
> - trash plugin is apparently broken?
> - mbox_min_index_size != 0 causes Invalid new transaction log sequence
>(4 >= 4)
>
>The old preferrably-fixed-for-v1.0 items are:
>
> - ldap auth is leaking memory? maybe not, maybe it's something else.
> - master leaks log fds with kqueue. I don't have a machine to test this
>on. Could someone give me an account in some BSD system for a while to
>test this?
>
>Anyway, I'll most likely release rc11 tomorrow, but it would be nice if
>you tested today's CVS snapshot already to see if I accidentally broke
>something. :) http://dovecot.org/nightly/dovecot-latest.tar.gz
>
>Oh and one thing that I wanted for Dovecot v1.0 was nice documentation.
>I think the current wiki is a bit chaotic. I started
>http://wiki.dovecot.org/NewIndex a long time ago. Maybe I should finish
>it finally and put it as the new main index..
-- End of PGP section, PGP failed!