[Dovecot] v1.0 plans, rc11 tomorrow

Rob Coward rob.coward at game.co.uk
Fri Nov 3 10:47:11 UTC 2006

Timo,
I dont know about any ldap-auth memory leak, but I still havent seen any
reported about ldap authentications against Active Directory using
auth_bind. Any chance this could be looked at before the v1.0 release is
finalised ?

This is causing us ever growing pain as all it takes is a single user to
type their password wrongly and it locks out dovecot preventing anyone
else from logging in until the service is restarted. I currently have a
cron job checking dovecot every minute and restarting when necessary.

Last post on the issue:
http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2006-October/017073.html

Many thanks,
Rob Coward

On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 00:29 +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> As you can probably guess from my today's burst of activity, I'm no
> longer extremely busy. Actually it looks like for the next 3-4 weeks I
> don't have anything especially time consuming to do. So it's time to get
> Dovecot v1.0 released :)
>
> I've now read all the mails from this list again, and it looks like
> pretty much the only problems with rc10 was the mbox assert crash, which
> is now fixed.
>
> My TODO contains:
>
> v1.0 blocker:
>
>  - inetd logins are broken? I should look more into this.. I only
> remembered this just now while writing this mail.
>
> New non-v1.0 blockers:
>
>  - trash plugin is apparently broken?
>  - mbox_min_index_size != 0 causes Invalid new transaction log sequence
> (4 >= 4)
>
> The old preferrably-fixed-for-v1.0 items are:
>
>  - ldap auth is leaking memory? maybe not, maybe it's something else.
>  - master leaks log fds with kqueue. I don't have a machine to test this
> on. Could someone give me an account in some BSD system for a while to
> test this?
>
> Anyway, I'll most likely release rc11 tomorrow, but it would be nice if
> you tested today's CVS snapshot already to see if I accidentally broke
> something. :) http://dovecot.org/nightly/dovecot-latest.tar.gz
>
> Oh and one thing that I wanted for Dovecot v1.0 was nice documentation.
> I think the current wiki is a bit chaotic. I started
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/NewIndex a long time ago. Maybe I should finish
> it finally and put it as the new main index..

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have
received this e-mail in error please notify the system manager at:

        mailto:postmaster at game.net

The recipient acknowledges that the transmissions made via the Internet
can be corrupted and therefore THE GAME GROUP PLC and any of its subsidiaries
do not give any warranty as to the quality or accuracy of any information
contained in the message or assume any liability for it or for its transmission,
reception or storage.

anti-virus software for the presence of computer viruses.

http://www.game.co.uk
http://www.gamegroup.plc.uk