[Dovecot] Sending email using IMAP

Angel Marin anmar at gmx.net
Fri Nov 3 11:51:56 UTC 2006

Steffen Kaiser escribió:
> Well, one intention for mail via IMAP is that most people keep a copy in
> their Sent folder, which is located remotely as well - in contrast to
> POP3. So, you have only one transmission of the (same) contents.

You don't need send-via-IMAP for that, we're already doing this without
it. Just configure your MTA to deliver a copy of sent mail to user's
sent folder (and some mechanism for user opt-in if needed) and configure
clients to not save the copy. A sieve script to add 'Seen' flag to those
messages may also be a good thing to add.

Regards,
--
Angel Marin
http://anmar.eu.org/