[Dovecot] Sending email using IMAP

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Fri Nov 3 13:53:35 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 01:01 +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> I'm using submission port (rfc2476) nowadays for sending my own mail to
> my SMTP server. Submission port in general is supposed to require
> authentication from clients.

I also require the From: and envelope mail address to match one of the
addresses that the logged-in user owns. That not only stops people from
impersonating each other but would also stop a virus using the MAPI
library (now, if the virus uses that user's From: address then we know
who is to blame too...)

johannes