[Dovecot] installation problem

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Nov 3 16:44:02 UTC 2006

On 3.11.2006, at 16.57, jaysen at emtjaysen.net wrote:

> I have checked my system and you are right about one thing.  I do
> not have libpam-devel installed.  I also checked to see if such a
> package exists for Fedora 5 and I am not able to find one.

I think Fedora calls it pam-devel.

>  I've also tried --with-pam and --enable-pam on the configure
> line.  I did not get any errors during make or make install however
> it still did not compile with pam support.

Yea. I should probably some day change it so that if --enable-
something is given and something can't be used because of some
missing libraries or whatever, it should give an error instead of
silently disabling it.

You can check from config.log what it says about PAM. It most likely
isn't finding the needed header files.