[Dovecot] Large LDAP changes - testing needed

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Sat Nov 4 17:07:00 UTC 2006

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> I did quite large changes related to this and other auth_bind related
> things. All of it is untested unfortunately, because I haven't bothered
> to figure out why my OpenLDAP server installation is broken (and I
> really don't want to spend time figuring it out either).

Surely the code-base should be pretty much frozen except for bug-fixes,
since we're already *way* into an extremely protracted RC series.

I understand this change was to fix an existing bug, but it sounds like
the change was far more than a simple bug fix. Major code rewrites,
especially without any testing, don't seem right at this stage in the game.