[Dovecot] 1.0.rc11 released

Gerhard Wiesinger lists at wiesinger.com
Sun Nov 5 10:44:51 UTC 2006

On Sun, 5 Nov 2006, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-11-05 at 11:25 +0100, Gerhard Wiesinger wrote:

>>> Should it have existed? How does rc10 work differently here?

>>> I can't think of anything.
>>>

>> Hello Timo!
>>
>> Of course, the folder exists. It is a mbox folder. When I reinstall the
>> 1.0rc10 version the folder is found.
>
> But since it works with Thunderbird, it can't be anything as simple as
> "it's completely broken". I mean, I can't really fix anything since I've
> no idea what might have got broken. mboxes work just fine with me.
>
> If I'd have to guess it's that the "Mail/" prefix looks suspicious to
> me. Do you have your mboxes in ~/Mail/ directory? Did you set
> default_mail_env to point to ~/Mail or have you just set the "Mail/"
> prefix in both Pine and Thunderbird?
>
> Well, this brings to my mind one difference that I can think of: In rc11
> default_mail_env has been renamed to mail_location. But default_mail_env
> should work just as well, as long as you don't have mail_location set.

In Thunderbird I use:
~/Mail

In pine I use:
folder-collections=Mail {localhost/notls}Mail/[]

It has something to do with the default_mail_env, which does not work
well and seems to be broken for backward compatibility (I should have
tested the snapshot from yesterday :-) ):

Not OK in 1.0rc11, but ok in 1.0rc10:
default_mail_env = mbox:~:INBOX=/var/mail/%u

OK in 1.0rc11:
mail_location = mbox:~:INBOX=/var/mail/%u

Ciao,
Gerhard