[Dovecot] Corrupted index cache file dovecot.index.cache: invalid record size

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Nov 7 19:05:31 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 13:55 -0500, bofh list wrote:
> On 11/7/06, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
>

>         What OS are you using as the NFS client? I think the most
>         likely reason
>         for these is that the OS still does some kind of caching even
>         though the
>         cache is disabled. The cache file is handled a bit specially
>         from
>         locking point of view, which might cause problems unless the
>         NFS client
>         really does no caching at all.
>

> Multiple RHEL4u3 hosts running 2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp connected to a filer
> with
> (rw,nosuid,nodev,tcp,nfsvers=3,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,soft,intr,noac,actimeo=0)
> mmap_disable = yes
> lock_method = fcntl

I don't know what patches RedHat has added to it, but I somehow doubt it
has all the needed ones. I think 2.6.17 kernel is the first one which
doesn't need any patches to work fully correctly.

But anyway those cache things shouldn't really matter, other than annoy
you with their existence in the logs :)