[Dovecot] Quota without dovecot LDA

Riccardo Bini rick at dualmedia.it
Wed Nov 8 09:22:02 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I use dovecot with maildir quota plugin + qmail + vpopmail but not dovecot
LDA.

My dovecot configuration:
default_mail_env=maildir:~/Maildir:INDEX=/var/cache/dovecot/indexes/%h/%u:CONTROL=/var/cache/dovecot/control/%h

If CONTROL env is set the maildirsize file is stored
in /var/cache/dovecot/control/ but I use vpopmail as LDA.

It's possible to add a setting in dovecot.conf to specify if dovecot LDA is
active??

This is my pseudo-patch:

src/plugins/quota/quota-maildir.c

static const char *maildirsize_get_path(struct mail_storage *storage)
{
  if (lda_enable) {
    return t_strconcat(mail_storage_get_mailbox_control_dir(storage, ""),
  }
  else {
    bool is_file;
    return t_strconcat(mail_storage_get_mailbox_path(storage, "", &is_file),
                             "/"MAILDIRSIZE_FILENAME, NULL);
  }
}

dovecot.conf: