[Dovecot] Quota without dovecot LDA

Riccardo Bini rick at dualmedia.it
Wed Nov 8 12:54:36 UTC 2006

Alle 13:43, mercoledì 8 novembre 2006, Timo Sirainen ha scritto:
> On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 10:22 +0100, Riccardo Bini wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I use dovecot with maildir quota plugin + qmail + vpopmail but not
> > dovecot LDA.
> >
> > My dovecot configuration:
> > default_mail_env=maildir:~/Maildir:INDEX=/var/cache/dovecot/indexes/%h/%u
> >:CONTROL=/var/cache/dovecot/control/%h
> >
> > If CONTROL env is set the maildirsize file is stored
> > in /var/cache/dovecot/control/ but I use vpopmail as LDA.
>
> Why do you want to set CONTROL at all then? Based on the /var/cache name
> you seem to think that control files are unimportant. I think they're
> rather important and should be in backups and such.

No, I think CONTROL is important. I have to set CONTROL dir outside the
maildir directory because I use also filesystem quota.
But I use vpopmail and the 'maildirsize' file for the soft quota it must stay
in maildir root and not in CONTROL dir.
So I need the CONTROL files in /var/cache/dovecot (/home has quota enable, /
not) but maildirsize in maildir.

Ciao
Rick