[Dovecot] Qpopper migration?

Steve Goodman (lists) steve-lists at aston.ac.uk
Thu Nov 9 13:45:24 UTC 2006

Hello,

As this is my first post to the list, first and foremost I'd like to
thank Timo for writing great software; we've successfully moved to
Dovecot for over 10,000 users from UW-IMAP and get great performance.

On our overloaded staff POP3/IMAP server, we are looking at replacing
qpopper+uw-imapd with dovecot, as an interim before moving them to the
main Unix mailstore. The system is primarily POP3, with a small number
of heavy IMAP users causing the system grief.

There are a large number of POP3 users who leave messages on the server.
What I want to ensure doesn't happen is that they are forced to download
them again. Do I need to add anything specific in the pop3_uidl_format
or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Kind Regards,

Steve