[Dovecot] Deliver: command time exceed limit

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Nov 12 13:30:39 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 13:30 +0000, Dominique Feyer wrote:
>   passdb sql {
>     args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-pgsql.conf
>   }
>   userdb sql {
>     args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-pgsql.conf
>   }
..
> The socket is use by deliver ? Right ? So I can't set count to more than
> 1, if I do that dovecto don't start, the process try to create the
> socket, but after the first process start, the socket exist.

Yea, right, it won't work if external sockets have been created..

But you're using PostgreSQL which doesn't do any blocking, so it
shouldn't have these kind of timeout problems. I'm not really sure how
to debug this further without knowing exactly what's happening in
dovecot-auth when deliver is hanging.

Can you reproduce this with any tests? Such as delivering lots of mails
in a short time? If so, could you do a strace -tt of the dovecot-auth
and preferrably also the hanging deliver process?

I've also attached a patch, which you could try to see if it changes
anything, but I don't think it should.