[Dovecot] Index corruption causes child process to die

Luigi Rosa lrosa at hypertrek.info
Sun Nov 12 14:04:32 UTC 2006

Timo Sirainen said the following On 12/11/2006 14:52:

> Do you use Dovecot's deliver to save the mails to INBOX, or something
> else?

I have just Dovecot and Postfix, nothing else.

> Do you have the Postfix mailbox opened while this happens?

No.

> What if
> you change "Max number of server connections to cache" to 1 in the
> account settings -> server settings -> advanced?

Just changed.
Since the problem was happening with only two mailboxes (I have more
than 60 mailboxes on that account, all of them with at least a
Thunderbird rule an many with more traffic than Postfix list), I
stopped dovecot, deleted all index and other files created by dovecot
and restarted the daemon. I deleted the files a couple of hours ago
and no error showed up, but it's too soon to be happy.

> Anyway, testing what happens with this patch would also help:
> http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/attachments/20061107/958172d0/attachment.bin

Installed the patch now and restarted dovecot.

Let's see what happens.

Ciao,
luigi

--