[Dovecot] MacOS X and quota-plugin

Lars Skovgaard lars at skovgaarddesign.dk
Mon Nov 13 21:47:50 UTC 2006

Den 12/11/2006 kl. 19.48 skrev Timo Sirainen:

> On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 00:20 +0100, Lars Skovgaard wrote:
>> As you might guess from the lines under "plugin", I've tried a lot of
>> different combinations. If I enable ANY of the above lines under
>> plugin, the child-processes die upon login.
>
> Looks like Dovecot's quota symbol conflicted with OSX's existing quota
> symbol. Fixed in CVS now. I'll make a rc14 release soon also.

Thanks, Timo

rc14 fixed the crashing. Now I just need to find out how to enforce
the quota...  :o)

I've tried enabling maildir quota, which registers with OS X Mail
enough for it to acknowledge that the account supports quota. I get
no indication, however, as to how large the quota is. I've tried to
follow the instructions in the Wiki, but I must be missing something.
Does anyone have a more detailed "for dummies" walkthrough?

/Lars