[Dovecot] Help needed

Ricardo Dias Campos rdcampos at rsi.com.br
Fri Nov 17 00:47:26 UTC 2006

Hi.

Days ago I sent a message to this list asking for help on a problem that
seemed to me to be old: dovecot hangs and dovecot-auth posts log messages
like:

Nov 16 17:04:39 netuno dovecot: imap-login: Can't connect to auth server
at default: Resource temporarily unavailable
Nov 16 17:04:42 netuno dovecot: pop3-login: Can't connect to auth server
at default: Resource temporarily unavailable

Unfortunatelly when this happens the only way to recover is to restart
dovecot. After I while I begun to clean the dovecot-auth processes
(defunct or not) that remain in the process list and the cycle of
running/hunging restart from 1 hang a day until it reaches 1 hang each 10
minutes, when I kill dovecot-auth again.

I've seen some days ago some messages related to this problem but they
were inconclusive, meaning that they didn't point to a solution.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks.

Ricardo