[Dovecot] Auth checking also the service

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Nov 18 20:07:32 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-11-18 at 22:27 +0300, Andrey Panin wrote:
> On 322, 11 18, 2006 at 12:56:41 +0100, Alessandro Astarita wrote:
> > Alle 12:14, sabato 18 novembre 2006, Johannes Berg ha scritto:
> > > I don't see why it wouldn't be possible but haven't looked at the code.
> > >
> > > I wonder why you even need to distinguish between these though. Are we
> > > still in the days where encryption is a value-added service? :)
> >
> > I have to distinguish pop3/pop3s and imap/imaps because I need mailboxes with
> > ssl access only. It's a way to force users to do secure connection. :-)
>
> Please try attached patch. It adds %c variable which expands to "TLS" if connection is
> secure.

Hmm. I think that could be a bit confusing since it returns "TLS" for
SSL connections, TLS connections and also when connecting from
localhost.

I think it should expand to "secured", but I'm not sure if also the
variable should be changed to something else, or if it's OK for it to
return different things in different processes..