[Dovecot] manageSIEVE implementation

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Sat Nov 18 23:34:50 UTC 2006

On Saturday 18 November 2006 14:08, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-11-18 at 10:35 -0600, Brian G. Peterson wrote:
> > I found a thread from last year that suggested that a manageSIEVE
> > (port 2000) implementation for dovecot-sieve doesn't exist yet.
> >
> > I assume that this is still true.
> >
> > Could somebody please provide a status on this?
>
> There's a patch. Check the mailing list archives. I'll try to get it
> integrated some day, but it won't anyway make it into v1.0.

Timo,

Thank you for the pointer.  I had located a much earlier thread in the
archives, but now I located this thread:

http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2006-July/015016.html

For others looking for this information in the future, it looks like the
managesieve patch was written primarily by Stephan Bosch.  There are also
many other useful posts on it by John Peacock, who appears to have done
extensive testing, and kept it up to date through at least
dovecot-1.0_rc7

Hopefully this can get integrated into dovecot-sieve-1.1, now that
dovecot-sieve has been tagged dovecot-sieve-1.0.

Thanks for an excellent POP/IMAP server.  I've happily converted all my
production servers and have converted several other members of the
Squirrelmail core development team.  A managesieve interface seems like
the last major missing feature to a category-leadiug server
implementation.

Regards,

   - Brian