[Dovecot] RAID benchmarks

Joseba Torre joseba.torre at ehu.es
Tue Nov 21 07:34:41 UTC 2006

Hi,

we have over 6000 active accounts (half pop3, half imap), and switching
from UW+mbox to dovecot+maildir was such an incredible performance
boost that the same old hardware was more than enough. Also from our
experience, disk I/O was critical with mbox, but not now (we keep using
raid5 without performance penalties). Test it before you switch.

Aaaaaaaaaaagur.

--
Trying to make bits uncopyable is like trying to make water not wet.
The sooner people accept this, and build business models that take