[Dovecot] dovecot-1.0.rc13 LDA

Peter Fern dovecot at obfusc8.org
Sun Nov 26 12:59:51 UTC 2006

Peter Bauer wrote:
> I've searched for the "dovecot-auth-master" file everywhere on my system but it DOESN'T exists. So I can not use the dovecot LDA :-(
>
> Does anyone has an idea?

Check your dovecot.conf:

auth default {
  # It's possible to export the authentication interface to other programs:
  socket listen {
    master {
      # Master socket is typically used to give Dovecot's local delivery
      # agent access to userdb so it can find mailbox locations. It can
      # however also be used to disturb regular user authentications.
      # WARNING: Giving untrusted users access to master socket may be a
      # security risk, don't give too wide permissions to it!
      path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
      mode = 0660
      # Default user/group is the one who started dovecot-auth (root)
      user = root
      group = dovecot
    }
}