[Dovecot] considering dovecot

Ejay Hire ehire at cbrweb.com
Wed Nov 29 16:09:52 UTC 2006

I use YAA!  (yet another autoresponder) to handle vacation messages,, but I
feel the system could be made more efficient.

When a user wants to set a vacation message, they go to a web page I
created, and login (ldap, apache, authentication via apache's
mod_auth_ldap).  When they read the page, it reads the vacation message if
any from mysql, and allows them to modify it.  (PHP)

When mail is received, postfix forks it to the mailbox and Yaa!.  This means
Yaa! Touches every message in the system.

I wanted to do it all in LDAP, but I figured out I wasn't smart enough to
make YAA!'s ldap support work, so I broke down and used Mysql.

In other news, Novell stopped contributing developers to Hula, the open
source exchange alternative today.

-ejay