[Dovecot] lmtp: help needed

Leonardo Lanzi leonardo.lanzi at fi.infn.it
Wed Nov 29 22:58:31 UTC 2006

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 18:59 +0100, Leonardo Lanzi wrote:
>> parsing the mailing list archive, it seems that the lmtp-server will not
>> be developed soon, so I'm looking for someone that could help me in
>> writing one, even if not the best one. That's why:
>
> Well.. Dovecot's deliver is what you should be looking to do this.
> Unfortunately its code is quite kludgy. For Dovecot v2.0 I'm doing
> larger changes which makes it much cleaner, but for now it's ugly..
Dear Timo,

thank you very much for the quick reply, and especially for suggesting
the course. If I'll assemble something working, I hope it could be
useful to someone else.

Thanks again... by the way, I didn't understand everything, but your
code is one order of magnitude better than the other famous imaps.
Leonardo