[Dovecot] Customizing Sign-Off Message

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Oct 7 22:12:05 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-10-07 at 14:58 -0400, Gerard Seibert wrote:
> This is probably a dumb question; however, I have never let a thing like
> that stop me before.
>
> A user can configure Dovecot to give a customized greeting when it is
> accessed. Is there anyway to customize the message it displays when it
> terminates the session?

Sure, by modifying the sources.. :)

But what's the point? I don't know of any clients that show the logout
message to users.

The greeting can be seen by people who connect to the IMAP/POP port to
see what's running in there. Some people don't want to tell even that
they're running Dovecot, so the greeting message customization is
useful.