[Dovecot] Dovecot vs Ports

Jos Chrispijn jos at webrz.net
Sun Oct 8 12:17:51 UTC 2006

Odhiambo WASHINGTON schreef (08-10-06 9:16):
> You could have as well explained the problem, if it was that serious.

After the latest portupgrade I rebooted my system and for some reason it
stopped booting after loadin acpi.ko
Investigated the OS with Fixit (from the first install disc booting and
choosing this option from the sysinstall menu).
After fsck we could mount the HD and investigate the problem.

Main problem was an error in the /etc/rc.conf.. The dovecot_enable was
missing the quotes...
I think this is due to the portmanager (the person that has made the
port for BSD) instead of Dovecot itself...
> I am running this version on 30+ FreeBSD 5.5-STABLE boxes and they all
> seem fine though. Perhaps I should thank God I still don't run 6.2-PRE?

I think it is a combination of OS version and the person that makes the
(accurate) port for that version.
Anyway we're all humans after all, so this is allways possible. Just a
little bit stressing on a normal Saturdaynight :-)

regards,
Jos Chrispijn