[Dovecot] proxy mode and ldap

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Oct 8 19:54:41 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-08 at 20:16 +0200, Aiko Barz wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 03:57:15PM +0200, Francis wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I need to use dovecot as proxy pop and imap
> > with ldap.
> >
> > in the documentation, there is an example to do this with mysql.
> >
> > how to do to return  (as mysql do)
> > nodelay=y nologin=y proxy=y
> > an idea to do this with ldap ?
>
> AFAIK, the dovecot proxy is not working with LDAP...

There's nothing preventing proxy from working with LDAP, just as long as
those 3 fields are returned. The "y" isn't specifically needed, those
fields just have to be returned with some non-empty value. So if all
users are proxied, I guess something like this should work:

pass_attrs = uid=user,userPassword=password,uid=nodelay,uid=nologin,uid=proxy

ie. just take any field's value as the value for nodelay, nologin and
proxy.