[Dovecot] Strange Mysql connect problem

Tom savagephp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 11:37:08 UTC 2006

Well, that looks like a MySQL 'Access Denied' error rather than a
Dovecot 'Access Denied' error so my guess is that your MySQL setup is
wrong somewhere. Either you're using the wrong password, most likely
IMHO, or you didn't Grant permission to that user in MySQL perhaps.
Either way, it looks like it connecting to MySQL but then MySQL kicks
you out.