[Dovecot] Filtering Mails - how?

albi albi at scii.nl
Thu Oct 12 18:17:17 UTC 2006

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 19:11:15 +0200
"Daniel Seichter" <daniel at dseichter.de> wrote:

> > This can easily be done with the procmail LDA; but you will have to
> > provide some sort of interface for your users - the procmail
> > language is
> > not exactly thing end-users want to fiddle around with. For
> > exampels see
> > the promailex man page on your favorite un*x system.
> Thank you for your answer. I will take a look at horde and procmail.
> I think within the next days, I will get enough the time to set it up.

while i was struggling with setting up filtering (for
dovecot/postfix/mysql setup) i read somewhere that procmail is not
recommended in a virtual domain-setup, i also didn't manage to
make it work (it worked fine with .forward files in an earlier
setup with just dovecot/postfix with mysql) and eventually i went with
maildrop for filtering

concerning webmail, my users are happy with squirrelmail and hastymail
as alternative   http://hastymail.sourceforge.net/

--
grtjs,
albi