[Dovecot] dovecot tpop3d UIDL mbox

antencek at volja.net antencek at volja.net
Fri Oct 13 11:47:50 UTC 2006

Hello All!

I am new to this list so I hope I'm not in the wrong list with my question.

First, I have to say that dovecot is (in my opinion) one of the best POP3/IMAP
servers arround. I especialy like its' simplicity (configuration) and
powerfullness (speed, auth mechs).

In my production environment I would like to cange from tpop3d to dovecot, but I
have only one little problem :).

This is my situation:
pop3 server: tpop3d
mail fromat: mbox (/var/mail/username)
UIDL: tpop3d UIDL format

Since there are users who let mail on server, I need to keep UIDL.

The problem is that the patch which gives dovecot the capability to replay with
tpop3d UIDL format apparently works only on maildir mailboxes.

Is there any resonable solution to my problem?

TIA.

Regards,
Antencek