[Dovecot] default_mail_env renaming

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Oct 13 14:00:34 UTC 2006

I was thinking about renaming default_mail_env to something that is more
understandable. I'll keep it working for backwards compatibility anyway.
How about:

# Location for users' mailboxes. This is the same as the old default_mail_env
# setting. The default is empty, which means that Dovecot tries to find the
# mailboxes automatically. This won't work if the user doesn't have any mail
# yet, so you should explicitly tell Dovecot the full location.
#
# If you're using mbox, giving a path to INBOX file (eg. /var/mail/%u) isn't
# enough. You'll also need to tell Dovecot where the other mailboxes are and
# where Dovecot can place its index files.
#
# There are a few special variables you can use, eg.:
#
#   %u - username
#   %n - user part in user at domain, same as %u if there's no domain
#   %d - domain part in user at domain, empty if there's no domain
#   %h - home directory
#
# See doc/variables.txt for full list. Some examples:
#
#   mail_location = maildir:/var/mail/%1u/%u/Maildir
#   mail_location = mbox:~/mail/:INBOX=/var/mail/%u
#   mail_location = mbox:/var/mail/%d/%n/:INDEX=/var/indexes/%d/%n
#
# http://wiki.dovecot.org/MailLocation
#
#mail_location =