[Dovecot] Dovecot LDA

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Oct 13 14:48:19 UTC 2006

[repost]

On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 21:00 -0500, Steven F Siirila wrote:
> I am running Dovecot 1.0-rc6 along with dovecot-sieve from 2006-10-05 CVS.
> I am calling dovecot deliver from Postfix (main.cf):
>
> mailbox_command = /opt/dovecot/libexec/dovecot/deliver
>
> Upon switching to dovecot deliver, I observed two problems:
>
> 1) An extraneous "From " header now appears at the top of each message
>    delivered, e.g.:
>
> 	From dovecot.deliver  Fri Oct 06 19:59:57 2006
> 	From sfs at tc.umn.edu  Fri Oct  6 19:59:57 2006
>
>    Using Postfix delivery the first of these lines does not appear.
>    This, of course, confuses MUAs.

Don't give F flag to Postfix's pipe command.

Although this reminds me that the "dovecot.deliver" is wrong in there..
Hmm. I think I'll add a maildrop-compatible -f <envelope> parameter
here.

There, done in CVS. I'll also make 1.0rc8 release today.

> 2) The "Content-Length:" header appears after a blank line, essentially
>    putting it into the RFC822 body, e.g.:

> 	test

Are you sure it's a blank line? Dovecot adds lots of spaces after
X-Keywords which could just make it look like that.

If it really is a blank line, then it's most likely something else than
Dovecot that changes the spaces that way.