[Dovecot] Dovecot freeze - 1.0 rc7 - FreeBSD 6.1

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Oct 13 14:48:57 UTC 2006

[repost]

On Thu, 2006-10-05 at 21:25 +0200, Floris van den Berg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One of my customers currently experiences a
> dovecot freeze on random accassions. Trying
> to figure out what's wrong with no luck.
>
> Dovecot is running fine, up until it suddenly
> stops responding. The log file says:

What exactly does "stop responding" mean? Like if you telnet to the pop3
port, how far does it get:

Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
+OK Dovecot ready.

If it doesn't even give "Connected" reply, then the pop3-login processes
aren't responding for some reason. Check with ps how many of them exist.
Then check with strace what they're doing.