[Dovecot] Segfault in in rc7 when index does not exists

Marco Nenciarini mnencia at prato.linux.it
Sat Oct 14 11:10:42 UTC 2006

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 09:40:05PM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 19:06 +0200, Marco Nenciarini wrote:
> > Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> > mail_index_write_base_header (index=0x80e2a28, hdr=0xaff66028) at mail-index.c:1313
> > 1313                    memcpy(index->map->mmap_base, hdr, hdr_size);
> > (gdb) bt
> > #0  mail_index_write_base_header (index=0x80e2a28, hdr=0xaff66028) at mail-index.c:1313
> > #1  0x080902eb in mail_index_mark_corrupted (index=0x80e2a28) at mail-index.c:1839
> > #2  0x0809ca30 in mail_transaction_log_file_create (log=0x80e3928, path=0x80d2130 "/dovecot.index.log", dev=0, ino=0, file_size=0) at mail-transaction-log.c:575
> > #3  0x0809e138 in mail_transaction_log_file_open_or_create (log=0x80e3928, path=0x80d2130 "/dovecot.index.log") at mail-transaction-log.c:803
>
> Well, I'm not sure how you managed to get that exact crash, but I've
> fixed it anyway.

With the help of the attached script (used in mail_executable under
imap section)

> > MAIL="maildir:/"
>
> Your problem however is this. You're telling Dovecot to open maildir
> from root directory. Change "default_mail_env = maildir:%h" or
> something.

Cool, it's works :)

Bye

|    Marco Nenciarini    | Debian/GNU Linux Developer - Plug Member |
| mnencia at prato.linux.it | http://www.prato.linux.it/~mnencia       |
Key fingerprint = FED9 69C7 9E67 21F5 7D95  5270 6864 730D F095 E5E4