[Dovecot] Restricting Services (POP or IMAP)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Oct 15 20:45:39 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 12:02 +0200, Christian Schmidt wrote:
> > However, I believe support for tcpd/libwrap can be incorporated into
> > dovecot if you can convince Timo to do it,
>
> @Timo: What do you think about it?

Already done, but since login process is chrooted it won't work unless
you create the hosts.* files inside the chroot. So I decided not to
include the support for it for now. Maybe in Dovecot 2.0 I'll do
something else, like have a separate process handle the checking. Anyway
here's the patch:

http://dovecot.org/patches/1.0/tcp-wrappers.patch