[Dovecot] compiling dovecot-sieve

Fintec mailing_list at fintec.co.nz
Mon Oct 16 03:46:25 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 14:10 +1300, Fintec wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 03:21 +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 13:08 +1300, Fintec wrote:
> > > Process:
> > > - compile, make, make install dovecot-sieve from cvs
> > > - cp "sievec" & "sieved" to /usr/libexec/dovecot/
> > > - cp lib90_cmusieve_plugin.a, .la & .so to /usr/lib64/dovecot/
> > > - cd /usr/lib64/dovecot/lda
> > > - ln -s ../lib90_cmusieve_plugin.a .
> >
> > Here's the first problem. .a library is useless as a plugin and you
> > might as well delete it. You'll need the .so file.
>
> Sorry Timo, that was a typo on my part, I did create a symbolic link to
> lib90_cmusieve_plugin.so not .a.
> >
> > > - Added plug-in info to dovecot.conf:
> > > protocol lda {
> > >   mail_plugins = cmusieve
> > >   mail_plugin_dir = /usr/lib64/dovecot/lda
> > > }
> > > - restarted dovecot
> > >
> > > The trouble is that after adding a ".dovecot.sieve" file to a user home
> > > directory neither a .dovecot.sievec or .dovecot.sieve.err file is
> > > created and the sieve script doesn't work.
> > >
> > > There doe not appear to be anything in the logs, how can I troubleshoot
> > > this problem?
> >
> > This however tells that it doesn't even try to load the plugin. If it
> > can't load it it writes about it to log and dies at startup. Unless you
> > really used the .so file after all in the above step?
> >
> > Anyway, try setting debug=yes inside the protocol lda {} and see what it
> > writes to log.
>
> After adding debug=yes inside the protocol lda {} all I get in the
> deliver.log is:

After further investigation I discovered the "global_script_path
= /path/file" parameter works exactly as expected, a "/path/filec" file
is created and works as expected.

We still require user specific sieve filtering using the .dovecot.sieve
file, does anyone have any ideas as to why it doesn't even appear to be
seen? Is the user's home directory not being identified correctly?

Gavin